Monday, October 12, 2009

The Letter

I have been asked to post "the letter" that I spoke of in my testimony. So I will do so, here it is.

November 11th 2002

My Dear Lydia,
Thank you for the letter.
I guess I don't really know what to say, but I will try to explain it all a little. We are ALL sinners before a HOLY God and our sin has taken us away from God. Our sin has separated us from God and we deserve to die and go to hell. But God loved us even while we were sinners and he sent his only son to die for us and for OUR sin. When Jesus died on the cross he died for the sin of the whole world. He bore OUR load of sin and died in our place.
I will write about this by telling a story: There was a little girl in a schoolroom of children and she had whispered and was going to be punished. But just before she was to be whipped a boy stepped up and said "Are you going to whip Eunice, Sir?" "Yes" he answered, "I never break my rules!" And the boy said "No, we will not see her whipped. Whip me if you must keep your rules, but don't touch this little girl." So the teacher sent the little girl back to her seat and whipped the boy instead. Now this boy bore her punishment. This is what Christ did for us. We were that little girl going to get whipped and he took our punishment. He bore our sin so that we can go to heaven through him.
Now you must believe that Jesus died for your sin. You go to him and cry "God, be merciful to me a sinner!" The only way you can get to God is by the blood of Jesus. His blood will wash your sins away. He says "If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, take up his cross daily and follow me." When you get saved you ask GOd to wash your sin away with the blood of Jesus and you become a new creature. And you get baptized so show the world that you are God's. When you go under the water that is like you are dying. You died to self and sin. Jesus died for your sin on the cross and he tells you to take up your cross and that means to die to sin. YOu give it up and give your hear to God. Then when you come up out of the water you are a NEW being.
Christ died and rose again and you being baptized shows that same dying and rising that he bore for you.
So if you will be saved just follow God and keep his commandments.
I am sorry if this is not very clear. If you still don't understand maybe you can ask someone who can explain it better.
I love you very much and pray for you.
I will try to talk to you sometime, but I don't know when.
With lots of Love,
Angie

1 comment:

  1. "If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow me." Deny himself, deny himself, deny himself... it's playing like a broken record. Can I deny myself? Am I willing to take up the cross? Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete